We believe everyone, regardless of their experience, should be able to understand and be allowed to use data to make better decisions for our world. In order to protect the experience and safety of people who use Vysda, there are some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow. All users must adhere to the policies set forth in the Vysda Rules and Community Standards. Failure to do so may result in the temporary locking and/or permanent suspension of an account(s).
Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version will always be available at http://support.vysda.com/rules
Content Boundaries and Use of Vysda
In order to provide the Vysda service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Vysda.
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement.
- Sensitive Information: Publishing people’s proprietary or private and confidential information without their express permission will result in the removal of that information and possibly account suspension if it’s a repeated violation.
- Graphic content: You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media in your profile image. Vysda may allow some forms of graphic content in profile images, but is at the full discretion of Vysda.
- Unlawful use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs within the Vysda community, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension.
- Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Harassment: You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- if the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Multiple account abuse: Creating multiple accounts with overlapping uses or in order to evade the temporary or permanent suspension of a separate account is not allowed.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent. Read more about our sensitive information policy here.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Vysda service in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Self-harm: You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on Vysda. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on Vysda or providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
We strive to protect people on Vysda from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension.
- Username squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors we take into consideration when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created;
- creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names;
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts; and
- using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties.
- Selling usernames: You may not buy or sell Vysda usernames.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use the Vysda service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- if you have followed and/or unfollowed large amounts of accounts in a short time period, particularly by automated means (aggressive following or follower churn);
- if you repeatedly follow and unfollow people, whether to build followers or to garner more attention for your profile;
- if your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
- if a large number of people are blocking you;
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- if you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- if you post multiple unrelated updates to a topic using #
- if you send large numbers of duplicate replies or mentions;
- if you send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions;
- if you add a large number of unrelated users to lists;
- if you repeatedly create false or misleading content;
- if you are randomly or aggressively following, liking, or sharing posts
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (bio, posts, URL, etc.);
- if you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you are creating misleading accounts or account interactions;
- if you are selling or purchasing account interactions (such as selling or purchasing followers, posts, likes, etc.); and
- if you are using or promoting third-party services or apps that claim to get you more followers (such as follower trains, sites promising “more followers fast”, or any other site that offers to automatically add followers to your account).
Accounts under investigation may be removed from search for quality. Vysda reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.
Last Update: June 27, 2016