How do I send a direct message?
- Type in the person’s name or screen name (if you know it) in the search bar located at the top of any Vysda page to find them. (some people also allow being searched by via their email address or phone number).
- Once found and if their privacy settings allow it, you can click the ‘message’ button located at the bottom of their user profile box to send them a direct message. Some users’ privacy settings will only allow direct messaging from people they are following. See Followers and Following to learn more.
- Click on your profile picture in the main menu bar located at the top of any Vysda page and select either your followers or following from the drop down list.
- Click the ‘Message’ button located at the bottom of the user’s profile box you want to direct message.
- Type your message and hit enter to send.
You can access all your direct messages from the message icon in the menu bar located at the top of any Vysda page. Unread messages will appear with a blue highlight.
What happens when I direct message someone?
Can I unsend a message once it’s been sent?
How do I know if someone I sent a message to has seen it?
How do I add someone to a conversation?
How many people can I message at once?
Currently, messaging is only one-one.
Can I add attachments to my messages?
Vysda may support this feature in the future, but currently no attachments can be added to messages.
How do I search for a message?
How do I delete messages or a conversation?
Vysda may support this feature in the future, but currently all messages are stored as history.
Who can see my messages?
How do I report a message as spam?
How do I report a threatening message?
- Bullying or harassment: content that appears to purposefully target a person with the intention of degrading or shaming them, or repeatedly contacting a person despite that person’s clear desire and action to prevent contact.
- Direct threats: serious threats of harm to public and personal safety, credible threats of physical harm, specific threats of theft, vandalism, or other financial harm.
- Sexual violence and exploitation: content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation, including solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content involving minors, threats to share intimate images, and offers of sexual services.
What do I do if someone is bothering me in messages?
- Unfollow them and then uncheck ‘receive direct messages from anyone’ under your privacy settings. They won’t be able to contact you (ex. either via direct messaging or chat).
- Report a threatening message.
- Delete the conversation. Keep in mind that this won’t delete the conversation from their inbox. If you want to report the conversation, take a screenshot before you delete it.
My message inbox is blank or isn’t loading completely.
If you’re seeing a blank page when accessing your messages, please:
- Make sure that you’re using the most recent version of a supported internet browser
- Try manually refreshing the page a few times (Ctrl + R on a PC or Command + R on a Mac)
If you use Chrome, you can also try clearing your browsing data. To do this:
- Click to the right of the browser toolbar
- Select Tools > Clear Browsing Data…
- Select Empty the cache and click Clear browsing data
If your inbox still doesn’t load, please let us know.