What is following?
Following someone on Vysda means:
- You are subscribing to their data visualization posts as a follower
- Their updates will appear in your Newsfeed on your Homepage
- That person is able to send you Direct Messages
What are followers?
Followers are people who receive your data visualization posts in their Newsfeed. If someone follows you:
- They’ll show up in your followers list. This list can be found by clicking on your profile image in the menu bar at the top of any Vysda page and selecting ‘Follower’ from the drop down menu.
- They’ll see your posts on their homepage newsfeed whenever they log in to Vysda.
- You can start a private conversation with them (but unless you also follow them, they can not start one with you)
How do I know who I’m following?
Click on your profile image in the menu bar at the top of any Vysda page and select ‘Following’ from the drop down list to see who you are following. You can unfollow user from that page if you don’t want to follow them anymore.
How do I know who is following me?
Click on your profile image in the menu bar at the top of any Vysda page and select ‘Followers’ from the drop down list to see who is following you. You can choose to follow people back from that page. By default, Vysda sends you a notification when someone new starts following you.
How do I get followers? Can I invite someone to follow me?
There is no way to send a request for other users to follow you on Vysda. Though some users may send a reply to others asking them to follow or use third party applications that promise to get you many followers, neither of these are a good way to gain followers and may break our terms of service, which can get your account suspended.
The best way to gain friends on Vysda is to engage actively with the community in conversation, uploading data and creating and posting visualizations that highlight the meaning behind all the collected information.
Can I restrict who follows me or who sees my updates?
At this time, Vysda is completely public. In the future, we may offer features that allow for private data hosting and creating focus groups of people for your updates.
Do I need to approve followers?
No. Anyone can follow anyone else currently and following on Vysda isn’t mutual. Someone who finds your data interesting can follow you, and you don’t have to approve it or follow them back.
Vysda is a social media site focused on data sharing. It’s at your discretion how much of your personal life you share on Vysda.
I have a follower who posts spam or is harassing me. Help!
To report spam or abusive behavior, click here.